Our Great God

on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Eternal God unchanging
Mysterious and unknown
Your boundless love unfailing
in grace and mercy shown
Bright seraphim in ceaseless flight
around your glorious throne
They raise their voices day and night
in praise to You alone

Lord we are weak and frail
helpless in the storm
Surround us with your angels
Hold us in your arms
Our cold and ruthless enemy
his pleasure is our harm
Rise up oh Lord and he will flee
before our Sovereign God


Let every creature in the sea
and every flying bird
Let all the mountains, all the fields
and valleys of the earth
Let all the moons and all the stars
throughout the universe
Sing praises to the Living God
who rules them by His word

Hallelujah! Glory be to
our great God


Hallelujah! Glory be to
our great God



I heard this song again today and marvelled at it's vivid descriptions and lyrical awe of the Creator. It gets better then this I'm sure.....but not much.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Great lyrics. Now that is a song that I can "enter in" on.
By the way, where did you find the pictures of Sean and Cindy that you pasted on the header? I know it is not them but, wow. Could be.

Christopher Cohen said...

I look forward to the day I see Sean with his arms lifted up in awe and wonder, praise and reverence of his creator again.

Now that I look at the header, your right. Very funny that I didn't think of that when I made it, though I know Cindy is not "Me-Centered" like the girl in the photo is supposed to be.

T said...

These are amazing lyrics!!

That is totally wild about the pictures....

Lord let that be Sean one day, all for the glory of God...

We could view that as Cindy looking at the creation of God with peace and contentment.